Saturday 17 January 2015

Contemporary Commission



I was asked by a colleague if I could do a birthday card for his friend, the brief was that it should be contemporary and bright. He'd seen an image on Pinterest that he liked so I knew the type of thing he was looking for.

Stage 1

First I started by by stamping up my card using a Versafine ink pad because I was going to use Brusho's for the filling in.


Stage 2

Now for the fun part, colouring in. I love how vibrant Brusho's are.


Stage 3

Matted and layered onto a scalloped base card with a bit of highlighting using white and gold.



Stage 4

Finally, personalising the card by adding small lettered tags and joining them together with black ribbon. 



4 comments:

  1. loving the vibrancy of this card. i need to use brushos like this. looks ace. i'm sure he will be pleased with it and so will she xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa, he was happy with it and I agree they are so vibrant xx

      Delete
  2. Love this Julie, so unusual. The colours are just beautiful and spring-like. I'm sure the recipient of this card will love it.
    Hugs Jennifer xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments Jennifer xx

      Delete