Wednesday 31 December 2014

Trees



Well true to form it is the last day for submitting entries to the Claritystamp Blog Challenge and I'm late as usual, next year I really must try to be a bit more organised.

This months entry is all about trees and I have to say that I really enjoyed making it. 

Ingredients

Piece of Clarity coated card stock
Claritystamps- Winter Trees clear stamp set and Church clear stamp.
Versafine Onyx Black
Versafine Olympia Green
Archival Potting Soil
Distress Inks - Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Stormy Skies and Black Soot.
Picture frame form Ikea

I started off by stamping the trees and church using a combination of the Versafine and Archival permanent ink pads. 


Once this was dry I started work on the sunset with the Distress Inks, first a bit of Squeezed Lemonade.


Next, for a bit of Mustard Seed.


Then, some Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade.


And to finish off some Ripe Persimmon, Stormy Skies and Black Soot. Finally, once it was dry I mounted and framed it in a frame from Ikea. 


Thanks for taking the time to look, I hope you like it and any feedback is always appreciated. 

Hope to see you again soon. 

Crafty hugs xx

28 comments:

  1. Oh Julie this is wonderful - I love what you have created here - I feel like I am looking out of the window across a wonderful sunset scene - fantastic xx Good luck xx Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, I love sunsets, can't get enough of them xx

      Delete
  2. Well I'm just blown away ... would you mind if I had a go at this myself ...
    I ADORE IT . Fantastic work x
    E xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, I feel that is high praise indeed and you're more than welcome to have a go yourself, only promise me you'll let me see the results xx

      Delete
  3. Stunning Julie, a beautiful piece of artwork that should take pride of place, Hugs xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Emma, praise indeed when you produce lovely artwork xx

      Delete
  5. I love this Julie such a masterpiece. Good luck in the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Julie, a true work of Art. Good luck. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my giddy aunt! That is just an amazing piece of art Jules! Blooming fantastcal, amazing work of art! WOW, I am just so very proud of you Bezzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Mandy my Bezzie mate. Inspired by a photo of Normanton Church, I'll show you later. xxx

      Delete
  8. WOW ...I can't type in bigger letters. Stunning just stunning

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Jules. you sure know how to keep the best till last. striking. love that sunset xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa, that's a lovely thing to say xx

      Delete
  10. Fantastic Julie, and I love the step by step tutorial. ..you have inspired many of us with this piece of art....thanks you foe sharing it with us all at the Clarity Challenge and Best of Luck...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, it seemed the natural thing to do the step by step as I saw it progressing xx

      Delete
  11. I'm speechless! Wowser! Just stunning! I'd love that on my wall! Hint hint! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, I'd love to but as its my first I'm keeping it lol xx

      Delete
  12. Ran solute,y gorgeous Julie - certainly worth waiting for!!! Good luck in the Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Yvonne, the feedback I've had has been just wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely stunning Julie. I too would like to try this if you don't mind x

    ReplyDelete
  15. AMAZING, your artwork looks like one of those old masters paintings, simply gorgeous, I love a beautiful sunset too. The frame really finishes it off beautifully xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Lisa, I'm blown away by such a lovely comment. xxx

      Delete