Monday 26 May 2014

Lavinia Stamps - Challenge 5 - 'Birthday Girl'


Lavinia Stamps - Challenge 5 - 'Birthday Girl'

Nearly the end of another month and again I've not had a great deal of time for crafting but I do like to try and find time to enter this fabulous challenge.  This is my entry for the Lavinia Stamps Challenge 5 - Birthday Girl. 

I decided to use the stamps that came free with the Papercraft Essentials Magazine and stamped the main image using Potting Shed Archival Ink, once this was dry I grounded the fairy again using Archival Ink Potting Shed, Fern Green and Red Geranium.

I then put in the background using a piece of curved acetate to form hills with Distress Inks Peeled Paint, Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen, Shaded Lilac and Stormy Sky. Next I put in a moon mask and started to build up the sky applying the Distress Inks with a make up sponge using Victorian Velvet, Seedless Preserve, Picked Raspberry, Dusty Concord and Wild Honey. The moon was coloured once the mask was removed to make sure it wasn't too stark a contrast. To finish the background off I stencilled in some leaves with Dusty Concord. 

The card was trimmed and matted onto a white Linen Card then to finish it off I stamped some fairy dust and added glitter to this and the fairies wings and added a 'Happy Birthday' peel off.

Why not visit Lavinia Stamps website and have a go at the challenge yourself, you never know you may be a winner. For more details follow the link:  

http://laviniastamps.com/blog/lavinia-stamps-challenge-5-birthday-girl/


5 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love the hills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got those stamps, beautiful sky xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, it's amazing what you can do with a bit of ink and a make up sponge. Lol x I look forward to seeing what you do with yours. :-)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card Julie, love the colours. Thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck. Kx DT member

    ReplyDelete