Tuesday 13 May 2014

Tarmac Technique - Take Two


Hi Everyone

Here's my latest project.



I was so taken with this new technique I persuaded my other half Dave that we 'needed' to take a trip to Ikea at the weekend (sorry Mandy, we'll have to go again but I couldn't wait). A few hours later and we arrived home with lots of goodies including half a dozen mirrors.

Here's what happened next:

I picked out the paints that I wanted to use, I found a good selection of garden paint match pots at 
B & Q favouring nice bright colours


Next I stuck my embossed backing papers, die cuts and boards to the mirror.


Introduced some paint and went from bright white to just BRIGHT!


Then covered it with Karen Clare's secret ingredient....... This is where you get to thinking 'What have I done?'


Then for the Big Reveal!


Finally, a bit of bling in the form of a Inka Gold wax, I used Gold, Copper, Old Silver, Rosa, Violet and Steel Blue. 

AND VOILA


Now I'm planning my next one which will be on a 'Sewing' theme and I'm waiting for some new Sizzix embossing folders to arrive that I just couldn't do without. 

I hope you like it, any comments would be greatly appreciated. 

Crafty hugs

Jules






3 comments: