Saturday 5 October 2013

Autumn Delight



I love this time of the year and the beautiful autumnal colours that it brings.

I started this card by taking some leaves from my garden, inking them up with distress inks and pressing them onto a piece of linen card, once dry this was distressed with frayed burlap and antique linen.  I stamped 'autumn' on it using Dylusion's alphabet rubber stamps from Ranger. 

This was matted onto a piece of card which I made a border using a stamp from the Dylusion 'Further around the edge' set which I distressed with antique linen, mustard seed, spiced marmalade, dusty concord and a hint of fired brick around the edge. 

Finally, this was matted onto a piece of black card and put on a white base card and as a finishing touch I added a flower cut out using Tim Holtz Tattered Floral dies. 

I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it. 

3 comments:

  1. You aught to be very pleased with yourself, this is stunning! I love the colour and pattern combination... Truly stunning! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colours on this one xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. https://www.continental-delight.com.sg

    ReplyDelete