Sunday 29 September 2013

Clarity Stamp Challenge 7 - Vintage - (Top Five)


I started off working on my entry this month with the idea that I wanted to incorporate a bookmark with the card. I struggled a bit to start off with because my card base was too small which restricted me so I put that to one side and started over.

I wanted to use the large sketched lady stamp so stamped it out twice, coloured it in using Promarker pens and cut it out using a Spellbinder 'Our Daily Bread' bookmark die. The bookmarks were edged with tumbled glass distress inks and trimmed with white ribbon that was coloured using the tattered rose distress ink.

The backing paper was made using tattered rose distress inks on 'Theuva card' which I spritzed quite liberally, this pickled the card surface a bit but I wasn't too concerned as it just adds to the aged look.  I then embossed over the top of this in white using the large roses stamp.

Another layer was added using a patterned paper 'Victorian Classic' from Paper Cellar Ltd. This paper was also used to make the small flowers which were cut out using Petal Pair Punches from Tonic Studio, the flowers had the petals tinged using distress inks milled lavender and dusty concord. The large purple flower was bought and already in my 'Crafty stash' and added with a metal leaf embellishment.

Finally, the 'Yesterday' sentiment was added, distressed with tumbled glass and a pearl was added to each corner. 

I really enjoyed making this card and was pleased with the way the colours co-ordinate. I hope you enjoy it too. 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card Julie great colour choice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, love this card and tag, so lovely, love the delicate muted colours, very classy and sophisticated xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Juli, i love the colour and stamp combination! Thank you for entering and good luck in the challenge! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card Julie and I love the bookmark to match too. Thanks for entering the challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the lovely comments everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't quite believe it, my card and bookmark has been picked as one of the Top 5 from the challenge. Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Julie on being picked for the TOP 5 Fav. Such a lovely card and tag xxx

    ReplyDelete