Wednesday 18 September 2013

Distress Ink Delight


Five step card using techniques leant at Eileen Godwin's workshop in Allhallows, Kent on 14th September 2013 with my good friend Amanda.

Step one - Create a script background using Versamark ink and white embossing powder.

Step two - Pick a light coloured ink and stamp it all over an ink block (for this card I used distress ink tumbled glass). Liberally spritz the block and place down on the paper, lift off and dry with heat gun.

Step three - Ink up a background stamp in the same colour (tumbled glass) spritz lightly and place down, drying with heat gun if necessary. I used the Cover-a-Card background stamp  'Fireworks' from Stamps & Memories which I fell in love with at Eileen's workshop so just had to get one.

Step four - Stamp around the edge of the card using distress inks and lightly spritz each time before stamping the image. I used shaded lilac, iced spruce, dusty concord, tumbled glass and peacock feathers. Edge the card with distress inks, I used the iced spruce.

Step five - Print you main images, for this card I have used Lavinia Stamps and inked up with Versafine inks onyx black, deep lagoon and imperial purple. 

Finally I have stamped some small stars from Lavinia using an Encore ultimate metallic gold ink pad. The card has then been put together using co-ordinating coloured card and trimmed with matching ribbon. 

I have to say I loved every minute of making this card and shall be using this technique again and again. Thank you for the inspiration Eileen. x

5 comments:

  1. Julie ...... fantastic! .. I am soo flippin proud, daft bat that I am lol lol lol
    Go girl! Thank you very much X
    Eileen xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Julie, must have a go at this xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie... Amazing!! You are wonderful!! I'm with Eileen, I'm so flipping proud too :D xxxx Mand xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really stunning card Julie, love everything about it, great inspiration thanks for sharing...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies for the lovely comments. xx

    ReplyDelete