Sunday 4 February 2018

How to Make Storage Sheets for Mini Ink Blending Foam Pads


This is something I worked on for myself a couple of years ago because I got fed up of never having the right coloured foam pad.

About a week ago I  my Bezzie (Amanda Branston) what she'd like for her birthday. She said she knew it might be a labour of love but could I do her some storage sheets for mini ink blending foams (I've caught her eying mine up on more than one occasion). 😂

I agreed, set about the task in hand and kept teasing her with the odd photo over the next few days.

When I originally did them I started off playing around on an Excel spreadsheet until I found the right size for the boxes. From there I just set up individual sheets based on the inks that I had, printed them off and started to make some little colour swatches for each ink. The swatches were cut out using a hexagonal die and stuck down using a tape pen. It's not really necessary to do colour swatches but it does look real pretty. Lol 😊


Once they were all finished I trimmed them to size and laminated them in A5 pouches.


Here they are nearly finished.






The last element was to add was a little piece of Velcro, I used Stix 2 Hook and Loop but you can use any type. 


I hadn't got around to making a sheet for my second batch of Distress Oxides so here's mine used once to make Amanda's.



Finally, punch some holes in the sheets and tag together. I put a plain sheet in between each batch as the backs do tend to get a bit inky.

Here's my well loved set.



I hope that you like this idea and have a go at making some yourself.

Thanks for taking the time to drop by and feel free to leave me a comment. Hope to see you soon.

Crafty hugs

Jules xxx 

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic, I love my storage sheet and have spent the last couple of hours inking up my brand new foam pads you got me too! I’ve made some wicked backgrounds using each sheets ink! The colour combinations are amazing and goes to prove that any colour combination of distress ink works... i’ll Show you later xxx. Thank you Bezzie, for the best present ever! Xxx. Love you Ju ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is a wonderful idea and gift xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever..a great storage solution! My oxide sponges are under my pads on velcrose and I must admit they have made a mess of the lids underneath..yours is a super idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for doing this Julie, I need to make one of these :) Thank you for sharing your idea :)
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete